May 2, 2012

NATFLY 2012 - Temora

A bit of a late post, sorry folks, NATFLY 2012 has been and gone.
As usual, it's great to catch up with my friends at Temora, it's a very friendly "Airpark" and I am always made to feel welcome.



I only had the aircraft back from Singapore for about one week.  That was enough training time to present a reasonable display on both the Friday and Saturday.  
As the only flying display at the event, my attendance drew lots of attention and interest from other pilots and visitors.

Les Day again made the trip over and supported me throughout.  Grant ( aka Kaos ) of Upside Down Websites gave me a bed for a couple of nights, did my commentary, updated our web page, tried to get me on the drink (I resisted) and generally showed me a good time.  Thanks guys!


As I've mentioned on Facebook, one of the hot items on display was Oz Runways.  I've started using the product whenever I fly cross country.  On an Ipad and kneedock, it is simply amazing.  I now understand the hype! 

My partners, Allianz Insurance, also visited and gave a very popular presentation on aircraft insurance.  It's not the sexiest of topics but the gouge handed out was well received and I'm sure a lot of people went away to check their policies, especially if they are not using Allianz!


The pics are from Mick,  (and despite the watermark, yes, they are this year's pics!)


Our next event is the RAAF Airshow for 2012, being held in WA.  I'm excited about flying at this event and the trip over West will be the first time I've taken the Rebel beyond Adelaide. (unless it was in a container!) 
It's a long way on a hard aerobatic seat pan but I'm still looking forward to the trip.  The Airshow program is looking very promising.  If you make it over, be sure to come and say hello!  I'll be flying just prior to the lunch break on both days.

Cheers,
 Tony.