September 4, 2011

Thunder West 2011 - Long Tan Service

Thunder West is an event run by the Vietnam Veterans Motorcycle Club (VVMC) at their Pearlbrook facility near Murrurundi, NSW.

The location is relatively remote but draws a good crowd.






I flew a display for the guys about lunch time.  It was a very interesting location to fly - quite a tight valley and the club house is down low in the terrain and trees.  With some turbulence and other weather I couldn't do my full display but the guys seemed happy enough.


As soon as I landed back at the airport, I jumped on my Wide Glide (yep, I'm a bike fan too) and headed back for the official service.

I've been in the military for about 23 years now and I've seen a service or two in that time.  I reckon the Long Tan service conducted by these guys was one of the most interesting and moving services I've ever attended.
Well done to the VVMC!


Jakes and Rhonda came down for the ride too, the smoke was part of the service.




Me in the foreground, Jakes with his new Victory behind.




Rhonda has better taste in bikes than her husband and posed for a pic on my bike!