September 29, 2010

Tamworth Aero Club - Open Day


My local Aero Club held their Open Day this past weekend.  The event was well supported by local media with my participation covered several times in local newspaper and on TV a couple of nights.  The weather on the day turned out nice and I flew my display with family, friends and work colleagues all looking on ...
It was a lot of fun and I enjoyed helping out the Aero Club.




Much to my surprise, after the display, the President, Eric Munro, presented me with an honorary members badge.  I was quite chuffed ...  This club has an amazing history in its membership and association with World War veterans.



My units display pilot, Jakes, did his first public display in this role.  His flight in a CT4 was very well received and the club was very happy to have the support - thanks mate!

Jakes!!