November 4, 2009

State (NSW) Aerobatic Championships

We are back from the NSW Aerobatic Championships. It was a fantastic event, the biggest comp for decades apparently. I competed in Advanced which had an excellent turn out of competitors. With not much Aresti flying lately I wasn't particularly confident prior to the weekend but things came together in the days running up to the comp.


(Waiting for the Starter to give me the go ahead ... )


I finished first in all three scored events, ie the Free, the First Unknown and the Second Unknown for an overall win.

A very pleasing result.

My wife had to eat her words, she thought I wouldn't be competitive ...

Results are at:
www.gspotaerobatics.com/results/2009/multi_Advanced.htm

Good mate, Richard Wiltshire cleaned up in the Unlimited category. We came home in formation together, both of us in good spirits! Not long after takeoff, Rich joked we should of called ourselves "Victory Formation", now that would have been rubbing it in to the other guys!

The officials did a great job, things ran very smoothly and we got through a huge amount of flying, over 120 flights I believe ...

Congratulations and thanks to all involved.



(Trying to critique ... )